Wednesday, August 12, 2009

And My Hair Says....


About 2 weeks ago I decided to want to grow my hair very long. In my journey I have looked up websites and YouTube videos on how to take care of your hair. In my research I have came across some awesome info and the best yet is when I found that there are different types of hair, from 1a-4c. I found out that I am about a 3b/3c in hair type but it just one problem…. These hair types usually pertain to black woman that are mixed with other cultures and I am not mixed, well not directly meaning both my parents have more African American in them than anything else. My hair is curly like a 3b/3c but the curls are not the same, they don’t lay when they are dry, when my hair is dry it looks like a dried out afro with just a hint of a curl. My skin color is a reddish brown, my hair is fine and curly, I have oval shaped slanted eyes and full lips. I have been told be for that I am exotic looking and I have been asked… “Are you Cuban? Are you Asian? Are you Dominican?” And my response of course is no but I don’t think my hair knows that. I have set out to have my own way of treating my hair. It’s hard for me to do what others have done to keep their hair healthy because my hair is in a world all its own. I tried to treat my hair like mixed girls but it won’t curl like theirs and I can’t wear my hair in afros because it will just look dry and limp because my hair isn’t course. Therefore, so far in my journey I have found a couple of things are working for me. I will share those things later when I see significant growth in my hair. So if you have the issue I have and you’re not mixed but your hair may say otherwise please feel free to share your hair journey with me. Until then I will be me the only one I can be because my hair says so… LOL…


UPDATE!!!

EUREKA! My prayers have been answered! With much searching I found this blog named Protecting your crown and glory and the best part is that she has the same hair grade as mine! By flowing her regimens and suggestions I have seen a wonderful improvement in my hairs condition. She has soooo many helpful tips! And she is a very positive up beat blogger. I love this blog! Because I believe sharing is caring I suggest that you go on her site. She has tips from hair, make up, nails and dieting as well as daily devotions... I know we can use those every day.

www.glorycrown.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment