Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Good Bye My MY SWEET!




Give me a piece of cake, pie, a cookie, a chocolate candy bar and I am all over it! I’m not a big candy person i.e. hard candy, but I am a huge pastries person. A piece of cake would make my day much brighter. A month ago God sent me on a fast for my friends and family and that fast consisted of no snacks and by no snacks I mean my beloved pastries. I was only eating 3x a day, breakfast lunch and dinner and if I got hungry I would eat fruit. Since this fast my finger nails have gotten so much stronger and are growing out of control. I’m not sure about my hair because I have been wearing it curly so I’m not sure about its growth but I have seen some changes. In my past I would get a horrible nasty attitude if I was hungry and the only thing that would help was a “snack” so I would hoard candy bars in my purse for such occasions. Now, since my fast I don’t feel any attitude because I would pray when I felt those hunger pains so I have learned to deal with it, stop being a brat and just eat when I can. I also feel much lighter, I don’t have that frumpy fat feeling .You really are what you eat and me consuming so many sweets from day to today I started to feel heavy, like a bag of sugar. I also cut out soda. I was told by a lady that had ovarian cancer that dark soda especially is very bad for woman of color and can promote ovarian cancer, *side note: *I tried looking this up to see if it was a fact, but had no luck but if you find something please let me know* she drunk only soda and the doctor told her that is was mainly from being a heavy soda drinker. This has always stayed with me so during my fast I decided to lay off the soda all together and drink nothing but water and natural juice. When my fast ended I still felt the need not to eat any sweets, so for a year have given up all pastries, candy bars and soda. I choose a year just to do an experiment on myself to see if it will impact my life in anyway. I am expecting this to be nothing but positive. I will be documenting any significant changes like attitude and body image… stay tuned.

P.S. My fasting brought about deliverance in the lives of two friends, God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment